We love designing funky little powder rooms for our clients. This tiny little room is a great opportunity to have fun infusing personality into your home. So, paint your walls that deep blue green you've been dying to use. Go for the colored light fixture. Have fun with that scalloped tile that reminds you of underwater sea life. Install that impractical vessel sink. The sky is the limit on what you can do!
Here are a few of our favorite ways to create a lavish experience for your guests in the powder room:
1. Wainscoting gives the appearance of a taller room.
2. Exotic or unusual wood veneers have the feeling of a luxurious destination hotel.
3. Metallic finishes and reflective surfaces make the space feel larger.
4. Ditch the standard ceiling mount light for stylish wall sconces on either side of your mirror.
5. Pedestal sinks, vessel sinks, and furniture vanities are all great alternatives to boring basic vanity cabinets.
6. Designer mirrors are functional pieces of art for tiny powder rooms.
7. Bold patterns and rich colors create an eccentric atmosphere.
8. Whether marble or onyx, take this opportunity to splurge on the high end countertop of your choice.
9. A little bit of contrast goes a long way to make a big impact in powder rooms. Black and white is a classic and timeless choice.
10. Your powder room usually doesn't see a lot of traffic, so have fun with your flooring choices. The options are endless, including wood, mosaic tile, slate, etc.
11. Make your guests feel pampered by going for a little bit of extravagance. Floor to ceiling tile, plush guest towels, and designer faucets can accomplish this impression.